Festo is a worldwide leader in automation technology headquartered in Germany. We are always coming up with creative process solutions that bring product ideas to life. As an employer, we do everything in our power to ensure that visionary ideas are transformed into practice. What we do expect from you? Think outside of the box. Try new things. Bring your own idea. Take advantage of the creative freedom, the wide variety of development opportunities and the access to the best practice. In short: Face new challenges. As an Engineer and part of the passionate working world of Festo Bulgaria.
With reference to our growing New Products Development Department and the establishment of the Technological and Engineering Center Sofia (TEC Sofia) currently we are looking for
Automation Software Engineer
• Be part of a growing team that is shaping the future of industrial communication technology. With products and solutions, we inspire our customers in industrial automation technology and rely on the latest technologies and modern development methodologies;
• The products you will be working on are used in a wide variety of industries and machines such as robots, packaging, assembly, testing, and process machines;
• Taking part in workshops, trainings and know how exchange with the colleagues worldwide;
• Working in an interdisciplinary, international and agile product team, creating test specifications and communication analysis for automation systems (PLC controller, bus interface, input/output modules with different Industrial ethernet protocols) and test benches under consideration of international and internal Festo testing standards;
• Design, development and maintenance of test strategies, test environment and test setups for fieldbus communication protocols (EtherCat, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET);
• Analyzing the collected test results and prepare test protocol;
• Maintaining and optimizing existing test methodologies;
• Developing technical research and feasibility studies and new test solutions.
Technical Competencies and Requirements:
• Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Computer Science, Automation etc.;
• Excellent written and spoken English.
Professional Competencies and Requirements:
• Knowledge in communication monitoring and logging (e.g., wireshark, Jenkins);
• Programming skillsets in some of the areas of C # /. Net, Python, NI TestStand;
• Preferably practical experience with communication protocols and OSI-model;
• experience with fieldbus protocols –EtherCAT, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP –is considered as an advantage.
Personal Competencies and Requirements:
• Fast learner - capable of familiarizing himself with new topics;
• Flexible, adaptable, open to meet the change;
• Capable of making decisions and taking the responsibility for the results in dynamic and changing environment;
• Team player, able to work in a multicultural working environment;
• Focused on the added value for the internal and/or external clients;
• Thinking out of the box, creativity and continuous improvement attitude;
• Flexible, adaptable, open to meet the change and acquire new knowledge and skills.
The Company offers:
• Motivating compensation and social benefits package;
• Opportunity to be among the first to set the beginning of new Technological and Engineering Center in Sofia;
• Professional development and learning opportunities in high technology and production environment.
In case your professional qualification corresponds to the above requirements and you wish to join our growing team, please send us your CV and a cover letter.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Your documents and personal data will be treated as confidential and will be protected according to Bulgarian Data Protection Legislation and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR).